Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Favorite Starter Smoothie

For green smoothie beginners, I have a special blend I use that is a crowd pleaser for all ages and kinds. I had so many request my "recipe" from the last classes I taught that I thought I'd post it here.

Try this:
a couple handfuls of red grapes
some fresh pineapple (and core if your blender can hack it)
A couple large handfuls of spinach
A large leaf of kale (add more as you develop a taste for it)
Some frozen banana chunks
Water to desired consistency

2 comments:

  1. This would be a hit in our home! We love kale salad...salted with a little honey lemon EVOO vingerette and some mango chunks. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've been meaning to try this again, this sounds like it might be a little more palatable than what I tried getting myself to drink a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete