Monday, March 7, 2011

Coco-Nutties




I know I use this word a lot, but these are YUM. They are a great treat with no cooking time--quick and easy to make, whole food ingredients, and you can freeze them for those sweet tooth moments, or serve them for everyone to gobble up right away.

My little boy calls them "nuddies." I found the recipe on a blog a while ago and printed it off to try sometime. I'm so glad I got around to it.


Coco-Nutties

2 C. pecans
(I didn't have a full 2 c.of pecans so I added in brazil nuts that I had on hand to fill the gap and they worked great.)
1/4 C. coconut oil
(It helps if this is in liquid form beforehand)
3 Tb. agave
3 Tb honey
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1 C chopped chocolate
(I just used some good chocolate chips and processed them up a bit in my food processor)

Pulse nuts in blender.
Take out and add everything to a bowl.
Make into balls and chill or freeze until ready to serve.

Makes about 30 golf-sized balls



I cooled some of them in the fridge to eat for a treat that night and froze thr rest, first seperately on a cookie sheet, and then condensed them into a Ziplock bag for longer-term storage.



I'm not kidding. They are so good. And easy.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I'd agree with the yum. Saw this soon after you posted it and I had all the ingredients so I threw it together today and it is super yummy! I had let it sit a little before it was sticky enough to form into balls. They are in the fridge now and I'll be sticking most in the freezer have for those days when I just need a sweet treat! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like cookie dough to me. I used to eat packages of raw cookie dough all the time. So not good. I'm glad I have a much healthier substitute now. Not that I'm downing it like I used to. But a little really does go a long way.

    ReplyDelete